Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Beautifully Well Wednesday: Body Polish – Scrub Yourself

In my years of embracing the natural way of life for myself and my family, I have come to find that it can actually be quite easy and inexpensive to make the things that you want as well as the things that benefit your health and wellbeing.

I saw this firsthand just this week. On Sunday night, my mother says to me, “I need a foot scrub. Is there anything in the house I could use? Or do I have to run to the store?” Of course there is. First, let me educate you on exactly why scrubs are so great for you.

A body scrub is used to exfoliate the skin on your body leaving it feeling fresh, smooth, moisturized and soft. An abrasive product is rubbed vigorously, and massaged across and into your skin, and is then rinsed away, sloughing off dead skin cells and rubbing away hard and flaky skin, to reveal a new layer of fresh, clean and smooth skin. An added benefit is that scrubs are invigorating as well, and improve the circulation of blood and lymph to the surface of the skin, helping to fight cellulite and improve your skin tone. This treatment is also good as a precursor to other body treatments such as body wraps or mud therapies, because it opens the pores and awakens the skin.

There are several items used to make scrubs, some more effective than others, depending on what result you are trying to achieve. While all scrubs stimulate circulation, Salt Scrubs excel in this area. Sugar Scrubs are a bit milder and leave skin feeling very smooth and polished. There are also Loofah, Herbal, and Fruit scrubs that share in similar benefits.

So when my mother asked me about a scrub for her feet, I had just the thing. Turbinado Sugar, Honey, a little powdered milk, the juice of one lemon (to strip the skin on the heel) and strawberry seeds. I mixed all of this in cold pressed olive oil, and there you have it. She was very happy. We have all been using it all week!

Be.Beautifully.Well. is so happy to offer this as one of our therapy services! Just ask us about it the next time you book with us!

cs

0 comments:

Powered by Blogger.

Beautiful Readers

BBW Profile

My photo
Two women with two therapies combined into ONE great therapy. Massage, Reflexology, Aromatherapy and four hands. Come along on our journey as we work together to bring balance to mind, body and soul one event at a time.

Beautiful Books

Refloxology

About This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates Cool by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP