Tuesday, August 3, 2010

A natural skin glowing remedy


Recently I was told by a couple of folks that my my skin had a nice glow to it. They noticed that it looked very clear and just overall was looking good. I was very happy to hear that and somewhat surprised because since becoming an adult and more specifically a parent, I have battled with acne. I was also a victim of prenatal acne which left lots of scarring. Ugly little black spots on my face, *sigh*.

Anyhow, when asked what have I been doing I came up with a few random answers. (1) I used an acne wash off and on about a year now. (2) I have less hormones since having a partial hysterectomy 9 months ago? (3) Genetics? Hhmmm, Unfortunately I couldn't claim to be drinking a gallon of water a day, although I should be (and so should you). Later on I was dwelling on this and it dawned on me one other thing that I have been doing and I think is the real reason for my skin change, a home remedy!

As most know who follow this blog, we love things that are natural and often try to live holistically in our day to day lives. Often sharing what we know with others. So now I'll tel you what has been in my bathroom cabinet adding to my skincare regimen. It is very simple, it is the same ingredients that you have in your cabinet. Although perhaps not in your bathroom cabinet, but you will find it in your kitchen.

Baking soda and honey (raw and unprocessed works best)! Yes, just those two ingredients if you don't count water. Baking soda is a wonderful natural cleanser and can be an exfoliate as well. Honey is anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial. The anti-inflammatory properties in honey is great for acne. Combine these ingredients and you have a fabulous cleanser, exfoliate and mask.

Here is what you do: grab a small dish or you can just do as I do and just use your hands *wink*smile*, pour a generous portion of baking soda and add a few drops of honey. Make a paste, and apply to the face, careful not to get close to the eyes. Massage in circular movements all over the face, once covered let sit for 10 minutes then rinse with warm water. You skin will feel very clean and supple. Very little moisturizer is needed once patted dry. Try this once a week and for an added treat rub a little on the lips for kissable soft lips.

If you would like to know more about the benefits of honey and baking soda check out these sites:

www.worldofhoney.com and www.naturalhomeremedies.org

0 comments:

Powered by Blogger.

Beautiful Readers

BBW Profile

My photo
Two women with two therapies combined into ONE great therapy. Massage, Reflexology, Aromatherapy and four hands. Come along on our journey as we work together to bring balance to mind, body and soul one event at a time.

Beautiful Books

Refloxology

About This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates Cool by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP